Monday, April 4, 2011

Grilled Chicken Quesadillas

My mom came over on Saturday to have a mother-daughter hang-out session. Grilling the chicken and making the quesadillas were so quick and simple that I could spend more time with her and less time in the kitchen. I was also excited because I got to use my new grill pan.

Grilling the chicken:

4 chicken breast halves
1/2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp lemon juice
1-2 tbsp garlic and ginger paste
salt and pepper

1. Marinate 4 chicken breast halves in olive oil lemon, ginger and garlic paste, salt, and pepper. You may choose to marinate for 30 minutes, but I didn't have time to let it sit. If you want spicy quesadillas, add less lemon juice and mix in some hot sauce and red chili powder.
2. Heat grill pan on medium.
3. Grill chicken on pan, about 7 minutes on each side or until chicken turns white and you can see nice brown looking lines from the grill marks. Cut chicken in half to make sure it is completely cook and there is no more pink remaining.
4. Allow chicken to cool and chop into cubes.







Making the Quesadillas

Tortillas (pack of 10)
shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 bunch spring onions, chopped
1 red bell pepper

1. Lightly brush olive oil onto one side of a tortilla. This will be the outside. Turn tortilla over to the ungreased side.

2. Fill half the tortilla with chicken, green onions, red bell pepper, and plenty of cheese. You may choose to add other fillings such as corn, salsa, hot sauce, or sour creme. I prefer to keep my quesadillas thin and simple. Too many fillings cause them to be messy when grilling and eating. I keep sour cream on the side for dipping.





3. Fold the quesadilla over in half.

4. I have a panini griddle that I used to make my quesadillas. I prefer to use it over the grill pan because in addition to giving grill lines, it presses the quesadillas into a thinner size, and it cuts the cooking time in half because both sides of the quesadillas are being grilled at the same time. If you are using the grill pan, press it down with a spatula and cook evenly on both sides, about 5 min eahc, or until golden and nice grill lines show. I prefer my quesadillas well done and crisp.




5. Cut into fourths and serve with sour cream and hot sauce!












No comments:

Post a Comment