Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chicken Salad Sandwiches


I grilled about 2 pounds of boneless chicken cubes on my grill pan. I just marinated it in olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice before putting it on the grill pan. You can use this chicken all week to make different lunch meals. 




You can boil some pasta, top with spaghetti sauce and mix in the chicken. Or, you can make a nice big salad with baby spinach, carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers, toasted sesame seeds, pecans, craisins, and feta cheese, and toss in the chicken pieces. Yes, I go all out with my salads and I love it. Make sure you pack the grilled chicken separately so that you can warm it up before mixing it into your salad. I could eat it for dinner too, but that probably wouldn't fly with the husband.


Ingredients:

1/2 pound grilled chicken, dice into smaller pieces
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise 
1 tbs honey Dijon mustard (make sure there is no white whine in the ingredients)
salt and pepper, to taste
slices of your favorite bread, I use honey wheat bread
lettuce





1. Mix the chopped chicken, celery, honey Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper, and mayonnaise in a large bowl. Add the mayonnaise last and mix in little by little until you get the consistency of your liking.

2. Lightly toast the bread in a toaster oven. I do this to keep the bread from becoming soggy overnight and the next day before lunch. You can always slap on the chicken salad mixture on the bread in the morning, but I'm not a morning person and I like to grab all my things and run out the door.

3. Spread a generous amount of chicken salad one slice of bread. Top with lettuce, cut sandwich diagonally, and wrap tightly in aluminum foil. 

4. Refrigerate over night. 

You can make a larger amount of chicken salad and save the rest to make sandwiches one or two days later. Perfect for lunches and picnics!









1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures! I love chicken salad on bagels and croissants too.

    ReplyDelete