Friday, March 11, 2011

Breakfast on the Go


I don't have time for breakfast in the mornings. I 'm usually grabbing my things along with a banana or muffin and running out the door. There is no time to sit down and eat a bowl of cereal or toast a bagel and smear it with cream cheese. I need a breakfast that I can grab and eat while I am driving. For a healthy breakfast on the go, try this fruit smoothie.

Blend together orange juice, two of your favorite fresh fruits, sugar, ice, and water depending on desired thickness. For those of you who have to have exact measurements:

Blend half a banana, 3 strawberries, 1 cup orange juice, 2-3 teaspoons sugar, and ice in blender. Add water if desired.



Now here's the trick. In order to have a fresh and tasty smoothie, it needs to be blended in the morning. Bella Cucina's Rocket blending set comes with personal sized blending cups with blades that are interchangeable with lids. Mix all ingredients except for the ice into the blending cup and place in refrigerator the night before. In the morning, simply add ice, blend, replace blade with lid and you have your breakfast to go! Yummy, quick, and healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to these, I actually have a decent breakfast now

    ReplyDelete